JESUS CHRIST IS THE ANSWER?
DEAR BELIEVER. You ask me to accept Jesus as my personal Saviour; yet
his behavior and teachings often expose one who should be escaped, not
sought. I only ask that you read what follows in the spirit of
openmindedness taught in Prov. 15:10 NIV [New International Versison]
("he who hates correction will die") and Prov. 12:1 NASB ("he who hates
reproof is stupid") because I seek to "Prove all things" (1 Ths 5:21).
(1) While on the Cross Jesus said, "My God, my God, why hast thou
forsaken me" (Mark 15:34). How could Jesus be our savior when he
couldn't even save himself? Those aren't the words of a man voluntarily
dying for our sins; those are the words of a man who can think of a
hundred places he would rather be.
(2) Jesus said, "whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger
of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22). yet, he himself did so repeatedly as Matt.
23:17,19 and Luke 11:40 and 12:20 show. Shouldn't he be in danger of
(3) Except for those of biased Christian writerrs, there isn't one
writing outside the bible in all of ancient history that clearly refers
to Jesus of Nazareth.
(4) Isn't Jesus a false prophet since he wrongly predicted in Matt.
12:40 that he would be buried 3 days and 3 nights as Jonah was in the
whale 3 days and 3 nights? Friday afternoon to early Sunday morning is
only 1 1/2 days.
(5) Another prophecy by Jesus in John 13:38 ("The cock shall not
crow, TILL THOU (Peter) HAST DENIED ME 3 TIMES") is false because Mark
14:66-68 shows the cock actually crowed after the first denial, not the
(6) How could Jesus be our model of sinless perfection when he denies
his moral perfection in Matt. 19:17 ("And Jesus said unto him, Why
callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God?).
(7) In 1 Cor. 1:17 ("For christ sent me (Paul--Ed.) NOT TO BAPTIZE,
but to preach the gospel") Paul said Jesus was wrong when he said in
Matt. 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, BAPTIZING them..."
So how could Jesus be the fountain of wisdom?
(8) How could Jesus, whom the NT repeatedly refers to as the son of
man, be our saviour when this is clearly forestalled by Psalm 146:3
("Put not your trust in princes, nor in THE SON OF MAN in whom there is
no help") and Job 25:6 ("How much less man, that is a worm? and THE SON
OF MAN, which is a worm")?
(9) How could Jesus be god when he repeatedly said he was not God's
equal; he wasn't god. Obvious examples are: John 14:28 ("...for my
Father is greater than I"), John 20:17 ("I ascend unto my Father, and
your Father, and TO MY GOD, and your God), and John 7:16 ("My doctrine
is not mine, but his that sent me").
(10) While on the Cross Jesus said, "Forgive them Father they know
not what they do." To whom was he speaking? They say, "God." But I
thought he was God? How can God speak to God if there is only one God?
That's two gods.
(11) Jesus told us to "honor thy father and mother" (Matt. 15:4) but
contradicted his own teaching in Luke 14:26 ("If any man come to me and
hate not his father and mother...he cannot be my disciple").
(12) In John 3:13 ("And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he
that came down from heaven, even the Son of man....") Jesus erred
because 2 Kings 2:11 ("...Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven")
shows Elijah went earlier.
(13) In Matt. 16:28 Jesus said, "There be some standing here, which
shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his
kingdom." Yet, they all died and he never came.
(14) Jesus told us to "Love your enemies; bless them that curse you"
but ignored his own advice by repeatedly denouncing his opposition.
Matt. 23:17 ("Ye fools and blind"), Matt. 12:34 ("O generation of
vipers"), and Matt. 23:27 ("...hypocrites...ye are like unto whited
sepulchres....") are excellent examples of hypocrisy in action.
(15) Even many of the staunchest defenders of Jesus admit that his
comment in Matt. 10:34 ("I came not to send peace but a sword")
contradicts verses such as Matt. 26:52 ("Put up again thy sword into his
place: FOR ALL THAT TAKE THE SWORD SHALL PERISH WITH THE SWORD").
(16) The Messiah must be a physical descendant of David (Rom 1:3,
Acts 2:30). Yet, how could Jesus meet the requirement since his
geneologies in Matt. 1 and Luke 3 show he descended from David THROUGH
JOSEPH who was not his natural father (The Virgin Birth).
(17) Jesus told a man in Mark 8:34 that "whosoever will come after me
let him deny himself, take up his cross and follow me." What cross? He
hadn't died on the cross yet. There was nothing to take up. That man
would have had no idea what he was talking about.
(18) In Mark 10:19 Jesus told a man to follow the commandments. Yet,
one of those listed by Jesus was "defraud not" which isn't even an Old
(19) In Luke 12:4 Jesus told his followers to "Be not afraid of them
that kill the body, " but Matt. 12:14-16, John 7:1, 8:59, 10:39, 11:53-
54, and Mark 1:45 show that he hid, escaped, and slinked around on
(20) In Luke 23:43 Jesus said to the thief on the cross, "Today shalt
thou be with me in paradise." But how could they have been together in
paradise that day if Jesus lay in the tomb 3 days?
(21) For Jesus to be executed for our sins makes about as much sense
as my son telling a judge that he would accept execution for my crimes.
Although a nice gesture it has nothing to do with justice. What judge
(22) And lastly, in Matt. 15:24 Jesus said, "I am not sent but unto
the lost sheep of the house of Israel" but later told his followers to
"Go ye therefore, and teach ALL nations" (Matt. 28:19). To whom, then,
are they to go? Only to the Jews or everyone.
These examples expose only a few of the many reasons I can't accept
Jesus as a Saviour. A far greter number can be found in the monthly
publication, BIBLICAL ERRANCY, which is "The only national periodical
focusing on biblical errors, contradictions, and fallacies, while
providing a hearing for apologists." A free copy is available at:
3158 SHERWOOD PARK DRIVE SPRINGFIELD, OHIO 45505 (513) 323-6146