+gt;From: firstname.lastname@example.org (John De Armond) Subject: Re: The Truth about Waco Date: Fri, 23 A
>From: email@example.com (John De Armond)
Subject: Re: The Truth about Waco
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 05:20:28 GMT
I'm sitting here watching a taped version of tonite's "Prime Time".
They're interviewing Dick Degueran (sp), Koresh's lawyer. Here's
a summary of what he has reported after spending more than a day
interviewing the survivors:
* The tanks were NOT pumping CS gas but were ejecting exploding
canisters from the tank booms that penetrated multiple walls
* The tanks were collapsing interior walls and ceilings putting people
at great risk.
* The construction of the coupound used almost all used materials that
were very dry and bails of hay were stacked against the walls as
shields against the government's bullets.
* Said that previous to the invasion there were no military drills
and that the supplies they had on hand were for survival.
* Their gas masks worked so well that many members were having bible
study and some were sleeping when the fire was set.
* There was no group instruction of any kind from Koresh or his
aids after the tank invasion (referring to any kind of suicide
pact or counter-assault efforts.)
* Everyone had moved to the center of the compound in order to escape
the falling debris from the tank invasion when the fire was set.
* Women and children who has sought shelter on the second floor from
the tanks were trapped by doors jammed by the tanks ramming the
building and distorting the frames.
* Hallways ran the length of the buildings that acted as conduits for
the fire and trapped almost everyone in place. His experts have told
him that this horizonal chimney effect is what made the fire appear
to have started at several places at once.
* Koresh was not seen the last hour before the fire and was assumed to
be in his 4th floor room with some of his children.
* The texas medical examiner has stated flatly that none of the bodies
recovered so far had bullet wounds, directly contradicting the FBI's
* The survivors unanimously stated that if the victims could have gotten
out they would have, that they were trapped by the tank-destroyed
building and the speed of the fire.
* The underground bunker cited by the FBI as the place Koresh could have
put the children had he not been a cold blooded killer had been blocked
by the tanks crashing down debris on top of the access door.
* Dick said that he had sat in Koresh's bedroom talking to him and
had observed that his room was furnished like all the rest and without
air condition or other luxuries, directly contradicting the FBI's claim
that he lived in splendor.
* Dick saw bullet holes in Koresh's room made from the outside-in
which indicates the BATF was indiscriminately shooting down through
* The fire was probably started by the tanks knocking over Coleman Lanterns
that were lit and sitting on a piano next to the wall the tanks busted
through, though none of the survivors saw the fire start.
* Every one of the survivors strongly denies ever saying anything to the
FBI about starting the fire, hearing someone say the fire was lit
or any of the other stuff attributed to them by the FBI.
* He said when he first met Koresh in the compound he expected to find
a raving lunatic but instead found a rational, charming and intelligent
young man and was very surprised by that fact.
* Koresh had no drugs stronger than aspirin to use against pain.
* Women with children had their own bedrooms for them and their kids
that were appointed as nicely as Koresh's.
* Dick said he saw signs of home schooling for the kids and at no time
did he ever see any signs of abuse.
* No one was ever held against their wills and could have left at any
time. The people who were murdered in the fire were there by their
* He called for an independent prosecutor. If ever there were a need
for one, this is it.
His closing comments were "They don't look upon themselves as a cult.
They view themselves as highly religious people. They sincerely believe
what they believe. And who am you or I to judge that as wrong?"
Another file from
The Soapbox BBS
"Your Infotainment Specialist"
An all text BBS specializing in e-zines
and other unique text files.
(919) 387-1152 - Up to 16.8 kbs - 8N1
Fidonet 1:151/142 - FREQ FILES for file list
E-Mail Fredric L. Rice / The Skeptic Tank