Since some of the materials which describe the $cientology cult could be
considered to be copywritten materials, I have censored myself and The
Skeptic Tank by deleting any and all possible text files which describes
the cult's hidden mythologies. I have elected to quote just a bit of the
questionable text according to the "Fair Use" legal findings afforded to
those who report. - Fredric L. Rice, The Skeptic Tank, 09/Sep/95
From news.interserv.net!news.sprintlink.net!dish.news.pipex.net!pipex!howland.reston.ans.net!vixen.cso.uiuc.edu!uwm.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!caen!hearst.acc.Virginia.EDU!murdoch!darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU!dc7v Mon Jul 10 17:03:08 1995
From: firstname.lastname@example.org.Virginia.EDU (Damon Chetson)
Subject: From Hubbard's own mouth
Organization: University of Virginia
X-Newsreader: TIN [version 1.2 PL1]
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 1995 01:36:29 GMT
Front Page - Outlook Section - Page C1 Christmas Day edition - The
The guardians, however, acted on policies written by Ron
Hubbard--policies that are now considered consecrated text as the.
church's latest media guide puts it: "The writings and recorded, spoken
words of L. Ron Hubbard collectively constitute the scriptures of the
religion." Among the religious writings of Lafayette Ronald Hubbard:
- "Don't defend Always attack." (1960)
- "Harrass these persons in any possible way" (1965 campaign against
- "NEVER agree to an investigation of Scientology ONLY agree to an
investigation of the attackers."
- "There has never yet been an attacker who was not reeking of crime.
All we had to do was look for it and murder would come out" (1966 policy
- "They are enemies of mankind, the planet and all life. They are fair
game." (a 1968 "ethics order" covering a list of "supressive persons"
- "The prize is 'public opinion' where press is concerned. The only safe
public opinion to head for is they love us are in a frenzy of hate
against the enemy, this means standard wartime propaganda is what we are
- "Never treat war as a skirmish. Treat all skirmishes like wars. (1969
Wonderful religion you have there, boys and girls.