Pipe Hand Grenade by Exodus
Hand Grenades can be made from a piece of iron pipe. The
filler can be of plastic or granular military explosive,
improvised explosive, or propellant from shotgun or small arms
Iron Pipe, threaded ends, 1-1/2" to 3" diameter, 3" to 8" long.
Two (2) iron pipe caps
Explosive or propellant
Nonelectric blasting cap (Commercial or military)
1) Place blasting cap on one end of fuse cord and crimp with
NOTE: To find out how long the fuse cord should be, check the time
it takes a known length to burn. If 12 inches burns in 30 seconds,
a 6 inch cord will ignite the grenade in 15 seconds.
2) Screw pipe cap to one end of the pipe. Place fuse cord with
blasting cap into the opposite end so that the blasting cap is
near the center of the pipe.
NOTE: If plastic explosive is to be used, fill pipe BEFORE
inserting blasting cap. Push a round stick into the center of the
explosive to make a hole and then insert the blasting cap.
3) Pour explosive or propellant into pipe a little bit at a time.
Tap the base of the pipe frequently to settle filler.
4) Drill a hole in the center of the unassembled pipe caplarge
enough for the fuse cord to pass through.
5) Wipe pipe threads to remove any filler material. Slide the
drilled pipe cap over the fuse and screw handtight onto the pipe.
Ready to go!