Igniter from Book Matches by the Jolly Roger
This is a hot igniter made from paper book matches for use
with molotov cocktail and other incendiaries.
Paper book matches
Adhesive or friction tape
1) Remove the staple(s) from match book and seperate matches from
2) Fold and tape one row of matches (fold in thirds)
3) Shape the cover into a tube with striking surface on the inside
and tape. Make sure the folder cover will fit tightly around the
taped match heads. Leave cover open at opposite end for insertion
of the matches.
4) Push the taped matches into the tube until the bottom ends are
exposed about 3/4 in. (2 cm)
5) Flatten and fold the open end of the tube so that it laps over
about 1 in. (2-1/2 cm); tape in place.
Use with a Molotov Cocktail:
1) Tape the "match end tab" of the igniter to the neck of the
2) Grasp the "cover and tab" and pull sharply or quickly to
The book match igniter can be used by itself to ignite flammable
liquids, fuse cords, and similar items requiring hot ignition.
CAUTION: Store matches and completed igniters in moistureproof
containers such as rubber or plastic bags until ready for use.
Damp or wet paper book matches will not ignite.