Public Message # 7422 TAROT Area Entered 19:05 Monday 9-Mar-92
From: EDWARD BRANLEY
Re: Tarot Moderator...
Chuck Haynes has asked me to assume the duties of Moderator of this echo. I
have accepted, on a temporary basis until either:
A. You, the readers, confirm that this is acceptable
B. You choose someone more to your liking.
In the meantime, please observe the following rules here:
1. No flames! Take them to netmail. If I feel you are in violation of this
rule, you'll get netmail from me. If flaming persists past a warning, we'll
pursue removing you from the echo.
2. This echo covers all aspects of the Tarot. This includes (but is not
necessarily limited to) discussion of various Tarot decks, divination
techniques, spreads, etc. Please try to keep things on-topic as much as
3. Tarot and Runes_And_Asatru are the two PODS echos dedicated to divination
systems. If you'd like to discuss a form of divination other than Tarot (but
not Runes), feel free. If such a discussion starts overwhelming Tarot topics,
then we'll work on setting up another echo.
4. There is no one 'right' Tarot deck, or one 'proper' method of use. All
posters are reminded of that fact, and encouraged to keep it in mind when
5. While everyone is encouraged to post their comments and thoughts on Tarot,
there is no penalty for 'lurking.' There is no minimum number of required
posts before your opinion counts.
I think that's enough rules to keep this thing rolling. Again, if everyone is
civil, we won't have any problems. I'm a passive sort of person when it comes
to control of discussion, and I'm relatively inexperienced at Tarot, so I'm
not really in a position to dominate the topic.
As I've said, I will be more than willing to step aside in favor of someone
else, if that is what the readership prefers. If that doesn't happen by the
end of March, I'll be happy to assume the position permanently.
--- msgedsq 2.0.5
* Origin: Minas Tirith, mintir.fidonet.org, New Orleans (93:9800/0)