15 u80ici1.11hIV 0. Also the little child, the lover of Adonai, even V.V.V.V.V., reflectin
0. Also the little child, the lover of Adonai, even V.V.V.V.V., reflecting the glory of Adonai, lifted up his voice and said:
1. Glory to God, and Thanksgiving to God! There is One God alone, and God is exceeding great. He is about us, and there is no strength save in Him the exalted, the great.
2. Thus did V.V.V.V.V. become mad, and wend about naked.
3. And all these things fled away, for he understood them all, that they were but as old rags upon the Divine Perfection.
4. Also he pitied them all, that they were but reflections distorted.
5. Also he smote them, lest they should bear rule over the just.
6. Also he harmonized them into one picture, beautiful to behold.
7. And having thus conquered them, there was a certain glamour of holiness even in the hollow sphere of outward brilliance.
8. So that all became splendid.
9. And having firmly stablished them in order and disposition,
10. He proclaimed the perfection, the bride, the delight of God in His creation.
11. But though thus he worked, he tried ever his work by the Star 418.
12. And it deceived him not; for by his subtlety he expanded it all into the Twelve Rays of the Crown.
13. And these twelve rays were One.
0. In the place of the cross the indivisible point which hath no points nor parts nor magnitude. Nor indeed hath it position, being beyond space. Nor hath it existence in time, for it is beyond Time. Nor hath it cause or effect, seeing that its Universe is infinite every way, and partaketh not of these our conceptions.
1. So wrote the Exempt Adept, and the laughter of the Masters of the Temple abashed him not.
2. Nor was he ashamed, hearing the laughter of the little dogs of hell.
3. For he abode in his place, and his falsehood was truth in his place.
4. The little dogs cannot correct him, for they can do naught but bark.
5. The masters cannot correct him, for they say: Come and see.
6. And I came and saw, even I, Perdurabo, the Philosophus of the Outer College.
7. Yea, even I the man beheld this wonder.
8. And I could not deliver it unto myself.
9. That which established me is invisible and unknowable in its essence.
10. Only they who know IT may be known.
11. For they have the genius of the mighty sword 418.
12. And they are not deceived by any of these things; for by their subtlety do they expand them all into the Twelve Rays of the Crown.
13. And these twelve rays are One.
VI 0. Deeper and deeper into the mire of things!
Farther and farther into the never-ending Expansion of the Abyss.
1. The great goddess that bendeth over the Universe is my mistress; I am the winged globe at her heart.
2. I contract ever as she ever expandeth;
3. At the end it is all one.
4. Our loves have brought to birth the Father and Creator of all things.
5. He hath established the elements; the aether, the air, the water, the earth, and the fire.
6. He hath established the wandering stars in their courses.
7. He hath ploughed with the seven stars of his Plough, that the Seven might move indeed, yet ever point to the unchanging One.
8. He hath established the Eight Belts, wherewith he hath girdled the globes.
9. He hath established the Trinity of Triads in all things, forcing fire into fire, and ordering all things in the Stable Abode of the Kings of aegypt.
10. He hath established His rule in His kingdom.
11. Yet the Father also boweth unto the Power of the Star 418 and thereby
12. In his subtlety He expandeth it all into twelve rays of the Crown.
13. And these twelve rays are One.
0. Then in the might of the Lion did I formulate unto myself that holy and formless fire, , which darteth and flasheth through the depths of the Universe.
1. At the touch of the Fire Qadosh the earth melted into a liquor clear as water.
2. At the touch of the Fire Qadosh the water smoked into a lucid air.
3. At the touch of the Fire Qadosh the air ignited, and became Fire.
4. At the touch of the Fire Qadosh, O Lord, the Fire dissipated into Space.
5. At the touch of the Fire Qadosh, O Lord, the Space resolved itself into a Profundity of Mind.
6. At the touch of the Fire Qadosh the Mind of the Father was broken up into the brilliance of our Lord the Sun.
7. At the touch of the Fire Qadosh the Brilliance of our Lord was absorbed in the Naught of our Lady of the Body of the Milk of the Stars.
8. Then only was the Fire Qadosh extinguished, when the Enterer was driven back from the threshold,
9. And the Lord of Silence was established upon the Lotus flower.
10. Then was accomplished all that which was to be accomplished.
11. And All and One and Naught were slain in the slaying of the Warrior 418,
12. In the slaying of the subtlety that expanded all these things into the Twelve Rays of the Crown,
13. That returned unto One, and beyond One, even unto the vision of the Fool in his folly that chanted the word Ararita, and beyond the Word and the Fool; yea, beyond the Word and the Fool.
E-Mail Fredric L. Rice / The Skeptic Tank