By: John Passaniti
Re: Life In Our Anti-Christian America
(I found the following on the Internet. I didn't write it. I'll
provide a URL to those who want the original version. The next
time a Christer laments that this is an anti-Christian nation, feel
free to point out some of the following.)
I'm certainly glad this has finally been brought out into
the open. The anti-Christian bias in our society has reached
absurd proportions. Consider:
1. During the 1988 election campaign, George Bush said that
Christians should not be considered patriots or real
2. Bill Clinton steadfastly refuses to give any speeches at
3. Both major political parties are dominated by
anti-Christians. The Republican party, for example, gave us
such hard-core atheists as Pat Buchanan, Dan Quayle, Phyllis
Schlafly and Ronald Reagan. And the Democrats have given us
such personalities as the Rev. Martin Luther King and the
Rev. Jesse Jackson-- both noted for their vicious attacks on
all forms of Christianity.
4. Let's talk about the media. On Sunday mornings, nearly all
major television channels broadcast pro-atheist shows; it is
nearly impossible to find religious programming during that
time period. Further, Madalyn Murray O'Hair has her own
cable TV channel, while Pat Robertson has been unable to
obtain one for himself.
5. Most major newspapers run a special weekly section devoted
to atheism. There are no equivalent sections for religious
6. Anti-Christian shows such as the American Atheist Forum
are broadcast by major national networks. Meanwhile, Billy
Graham is only able to get on the air through public access
TV, which is watched by few people.
7. On news programs and "reality" TV shows such as Rescue
911, nobody is ever shown giving thanks to God after
surviving a disaster.
8. It is almost impossible to find a shopping mall with a
Christian Armory book store, while Atheist Book Centers are
featured prominently on every corner.
9. While atheists couples who marry rarely have any
difficulty finding a place to do so, it is nearly impossible
for Christian couples to find a church where they can marry.
10. For that matter, churches themselves are extremely rare,
while atheist meeting centers can be found every few blocks.
11. Recently, several atheists have shot and killed Christian
priests as they were going to work in their churches.
Similarly, atheists are well known for blockading churches
on Sunday mornings.
12. Nearly all of our elected public officials are atheists;
they even have to swear on a copy of Darwin's "Origin of
Species" in order to take office.
13. In a similar vein, jurors must take an oath upon a copy
of the Skeptical Inquirer before they can serve. There have
even been court cases thrown out because one of the jury
members was a Christian who insisted on swearing on a Bible.
14. And of course, people are free to wear pentagram jewelry,
but those trying to wear cross-shaped earrings or pendants
to work will be politely told to remove the jewelry or lose
15. Speaking of the workplace, Christians often find it
nearly impossible to get time off work for religious
holidays such as Christmas.
16. Even our language reflects the radical anti-Christian
bias that pervades our society. For example, when somebody
sneezes, most people say "Darwin bless you". Similarly,
"Voltaire dammit!" is a common cussword.
17. All of our money has the atheistic slogan "We do not
trust in God" printed on it.
18. In school, our children are made to recite the pledge,
"One nation, anti-God, indivisible...."
19. One cannot rent a hotel room without finding a copy of
Nietzsche's The Anti-Christ in the room.
20. Organizations such as the Boy Scouts deny membership to
21. In the military, it is nearly impossible to obtain
Conscientious Objector status for religious reasons, even
though those with philosophical reasons can obtain C.O.
status relatively easily.
22. Christian churches are forced to pay exorbitant taxes.
23. You can't drive anywhere without seeing a Darwin fish or
a "Jesus Was A Fraud" bumper sticker stuck to a car.
24. Georgia recently passed a new law requiring schools to
have a "moment of noise" during which children are
encouraged to degrade Christianity.
25. College campuses usually have dozens of atheist
organizations, but few if any for Christians.
26. There are several well-known atheist campus preachers who
lecture on college campuses on the virtues of atheism.
27. Also common on college campuses are groups of students
handing out copies of Betrand Russell's "Why I Am Not A
Christian"; some even force people who don't want these
books to take them.
28. Campus newspapers often print editorials extolling the
virtues of atheism.
29. People look at you funny and wonder if there's something
wrong upstairs if you admit to being a Christian in public.
30. Many Christians are afraid to admit their Christianity to
their parents and friends, for fear their kin will consider
them immoral Christian scum and want nothing to do with
31. At presidential inauguration ceremonies, Madalyn
Murray-O'Hair (that well-known friend of several presidents)
gives a short pro-atheism speech.
32. For decades, high school and college commencement
ceremonies have included brief speeches at the beginning and
end of the ceremony in which atheism is praised and
Christians deemed irrational. Christians who object to the
practice, or who ask for an opening prayer instead, are
regarded as cranks at best and subversives at worst.
33. Not only do commencement ceremonies feature pro-atheist
speeches, there's usually an entire two-hour ceremony the
day before graduation dedicated to upholding the atheist
foundation of our educational system.
34. "There are no Christians in foxholes" is a popular slogan
in our society.
35. Most hospitals are full of atheist symbols, and many
prominently feature statues of Nietszche, Darwin, and so
36. Communities set up atheist brainwashing facilities, and
apply social pressure to citizens to report to these
facilities every Sunday morning. Furthermore, attendees are
expected to contribute money to support these facilities,
and to build others through "outreach" programs.
37. Most parents in America indoctrinate their children at an
early age to be atheists by forcing them to attend these
brainwashing sessions, whether they want to or not.
38. While atheists hold huge rallies in 25,000-seat
amphitheatres, Christians are so few in number that they can
only dream of holding such rallies.
39. At baseball games, you can often spot people carrying
signs that read "Origin Of Species, page 34".
40. Hospital waiting rooms usually come equipped with
children's copies of Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History Of
Time", complete with order forms so that parents can send
off for their own copy.
41. Atheist magazines such as "Atheism Today", "Today's
Atheist Woman", "Atheist Homeschooler", "The Atheist
Century", "Atheist Ministry", "The Atheist Archeological
Review", "Atheist Parenting Today" and "The Atheist Science
Monitor" are featured prominently in newsstands across the
42. The Fellowship of Atheist Athletes has local chapters on
college campuses throughout America.
43. According to recent Gallup polls, approximately 86% of
Americans do not believe in God.
44. Politicians often refer to America's "Agnosto-Atheist
heritage" when trying to woo voters.
45. Atheists are beginning to subvert the American political
process. For example, the American Atheists recently
published over thirty million voter's guides for
distribution at atheist meeting-houses. These guides gave
specific instructions note to vote for those who oppose
46. It's easy to buy checks with quotes from Thomas Paine,
but almost impossible to buy checks with Bible verses on
47. Businesses often refuse to admit that they are Christian
owned and operated, for fear of being boycotted by their
atheist customers. Meanwhile, atheist-owned businesses often
feature Darwin-fish logos in their ads.
48. There are large networks of atheistic private schools in
America, while it's nearly impossible to find a private
49. It's difficult to find people with good Christian names
like John or Paul or Christopher.
50. Most gravestones in America are engraved with pentagrams;
those few graves which are engraved with crosses usually end
up being vandalized.
51. Atheists have often invented "deathbed deconversion"
stories about famous Christians, claiming they became
atheists just before they died.
52. Around the time of Darwin's birthday, Christians have to
put up with songs about Darwin, which are played in shopping
malls, restaurants, and even public restrooms.
53. We number our calendar years according to the number of
years that have passed since Darwin's brithday. (Hence the
term "A.D"-- "After Darwin".)
54. Christian gatherings and funerals are often disrupted by
atheists shouting slurs and holding signs that read, "Nature
55. Books which promote Christianity are often removed from
library shelves in response to atheist pressure groups.
56. A popular bumper sticker reads, "No Jesus, Know Peace.
Know Jesus, No Peace."
57. Insurance companies refer to natural disasters as "Acts
58. Forms for job applications, government aid and so forth
often ask what type of atheist you are, with checkboxes for
"atheist", "agnostic", "humanist" and so forth. If you are a
Christian, the only thing you can do is check the "other"
box-- if one is provided.
59. Sports teams often read from the Humanist Manifesto prior
to the game, in the hopes that doing so will increase their
chances of winning.
60. Atheists constantly threaten television and movies
producers with boycotts whenever they portray Christianity
in a positive light.
61. Atheists often hold bonfires at atheist meeting centers,
where Christian literature can be thrown into the fire.
62. Gambling is freely legalized for secular purposes, yet
churches have to have their bingo halls in Las Vegas,
Atlantic City or on Indian reservations.
63. Baseball games and the like have "The Star-Spangled
Banner" sung by hard-rock groups bellowing out lyrics such
as, "Foolish god-crazed slaves (whip crack)/At the altar of
Rock and Roll you'll kneel!" and the singers will encourage
any Christians in the stands to get eaten by lions held
ready on the playing field.
64. New military officers are expected to say "God does not
exist" at the end of their commissioning oath.
65. It easy to support atheistic charities like, "Atheist
Children's Fund", "Agnostics Against AIDS", etc., but
virtually impossible to support important causes through
66. Well-known atheists like Michael Martin and Quentin Smith
have set up ministries to witness to Christians, but it is
virtually impossible to find Christians who specialize in
67. Congress starts each session with selected excerpts from
Michael Martin's Atheism: A Philosophical Justification.
Each house of Congress also has its own "Atheist Chaplain".
No Christian prayers are ever made in Congress and no
Christian chaplains are available.
68. The word "Christian" is recognized as a term which
represents the worst of human attributes: cynicism,
pessimism, selfishness, and moral turpitude. The word
"Atheist," on the other hand, is used to signify all that is
virtuous, as in, "That's mighty Atheist of you!"
69. On sitcoms and movies of the week, the parents make
references to how their lack of faith in God helps them get
through life's troubles. Meanwhile, Christians are protrayed
as pathetic folks who end up converting to atheism.
70. Many American cities are named after noted atheist
figures; for example, there is Corpus Darwini, Texas and San
71. Historically, most private colleges and universities in
the US were founded by atheists; while some have become
religious over the years, many of them retain close ties
with atheist organizations, and some of them still use
hiring practices that exclude Christians from their faculty
and staff. (And this discrimination against Christians is
permitted and protected by law!)
72. Atheists who convert to christianity are often told by
their parents "It's just a rebellious phase. Once you move
through this stage of life you'll realize that you never
really believed in God." Similarly, people who are raised as
Christians are condesended to, and told that if they would
give atheism a chance, it would fill the empty hole that
Chistianity must be leaving in their lives.
73. When celebrities or musicians accept awards during one of
the many awards programs, they often end their list of
"thank-yous" with a humble acknowledgment to Darwin for
their "evolution-given talents".
74. During the 1996 election campaign, Pat Buchanan declared
that creationism should not be taught in public schools. "We
need a president who will commit himself to restoring
secular humanist values and driving out the false god of the
Christians," he said.
75. Atheists regularly go door-to-door on Sunday mornings
asking people not to go to church with them.
76. Atheist cults are masters at luring lonely, young,
disenfranchised people into their rational cults to
brainwash them with reason so that they will give their
lives and all worldly possessions to the Atheist leaders.
77. Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and other Christian groups
are banned (by Atheist-initiated zoning laws) from passing
out literature from door to door.
78. People who don't decorate their homes with images of the
sun during the Winter Solstice season, are assumed to be
irrational Christians in need of rational therapy and
79. Even Atheist businesses hate the Winter Solstice season
because people are encouraged to be rational and reasonable,
thus encouraging our population to avoid senseless spending
and debt and needless possession of material goods.
80. In general, Christians are considered to be
less-than-honest. If you are a Christian, you must have no
reason or rational judgment; therefore, you cannot be
trusted to tell the truth.
81. Prisoners have become wise to the fact that they may
receive early paroles if they claim to have found Atheism
and been saved by Darwin. Such a conversion to rationality
is thought to be a favorable sign of the rejection of a life
82. Humanist hate group members shave their heads and run
around painting red H's on the doors of churches to
83. The Humanist Left and the Immoral Majority influence
voting patterns in the Humanist Manifesto Belt states.
84. The government declared an official holiday in November
to give thanks to fellow humans for the hard work and labor
of our agricultural workers who provide the plentiful food
resources we have in the U.S.
85. Atheist leaders of many sects bring in millions of
dollars each week from TV and telephone solicitation and
weekly meeting collections, enough to support at least one
Atheist meeting hall in nearly every community in the
country, while Christian groups barely have enough money to
support a half-dozen national groups.
86. Most people assume everyone else is an Atheist and are
unbelievers as they are. It makes for uncomfortable social
situations for Christians and other religious types.
87. When one looks up "religion" or Christianity" in books of
collected quotations, 99% of the quotes chosen for
publication are negative while atheist or agnostic topics
are filled with positive quotations.
88. Bookstores have entire sections filled with Atheist
literature while "spiritual" and 'religious" books are
almost impossible to find, except through specialized
89. Despite the overwhelming number of Atheists in the
general population and in powerful legislative positions,
when they don't get their own way, Atheists whine that this
is an anti-Atheistic country.
90. Atheists constantly cite, out of context, books of
philosophy by noted Atheists to prove that Christians live
91. Atheists do everything possible to get laws passed that
will prevent irrational Christians from making their own
choices in matters of sex, procreation, life-styles, family
92. Until recently, Atheists had passed laws (known as Green
Laws) that require all businesses to stay open on Sundays,
preventing Christians who wished to practice their religious
beliefs to work, just like everyone else.
93. Sci-fi movies almost always make rational scientific
types into "good guys" while emotional, irrational people
become the "heavies".
94. Movies that featured myths of silly miracles (like the
parting of the Red Sea or the Resurrection of Jesus or other
Biblical tales) never made any money. Most big movie studios
rejected all proposals to make such ridiculous stories into
films. However, "The Humanist Manifesto", 1956, was one of
Cecil B. DeMille's blockbusters.
95. In small towns and communities all over the U.S. Atheist
horns awake Christians at midnight on Saturdays preventing
them from getting a good night's sleep before their Sabbath.
Fortunately for much of the population, few church bells
wake Atheists who want to sleep in on Sundays.
96. At every banquet, no matter the occasion, an Atheist
propagandist gets up and thanks Madalyn Murray O'Hair for
her wisdom and insight in educating us rational beings so
that we can provide the food that we are about to eat. The
presence of non-Atheists is not even acknowledged. No
consideration is given to those who might find such a
97. Schools across the country force students to sing songs
such as "Jesus Is Not the Son of God" during the Winter
Solstice season. They rationalize this infringement on
minority rights of religious freedom by claiming the songs
are part of our collective culture.
98. During the Solstice season, Atheist Army members in
uniforms block entrances to stores ringing annoying bells
and requesting donations to save non-Atheists from their
pathetic irrational lives.
99. Atheist Army (and other Freethought) soup kitchens force
homeless Christians to listen to Atheist propaganda before
serving them a meal.
100. Hundreds of self-help groups replace codependence with
the 12 Steps of A.B.A. (Atheist Brainwashing Anonymous),
convincing people they don't have the power to help
themselves but must rely on the power of Darwin to overcome
101. U.S. Atheist organizations send missionaries to
underdeveloped countries to convince people to renounce
long-held local religious beliefs and become Atheists.
102. On Solstice Eve, there is nothing to watch on TV except
Atheist rituals from Stonehenge.
103. During the Solstice Season, nearly every network airs
reruns (ad nauseum) of "It's A Rational Life", "Reason on
34th Street", "A Solstice Story", "The Stupidest Story Ever
Told", and other Atheist favorites. Christian programming
cannot be found.
104. Christian employees have to use personal days or sick
leave to stay at home to celebrate their holidays while
everyone gets the day off for Winter Solstice and the
birthdays of Charles Darwin and Madalyn Murray O'Hair. All
major Atheist celebrations have been declared National
Holidays with all government offices remaining closed on
105. All Rational People's Day, the 1st of November, is a
holiday at Atheist private schools. It's a day to celebrate
Voltaire, Edison, Russell, Asimov, O'Hair, and other Atheist
leaders and philosphers for their rational and logical
106. Ronald Reagan denounced the Vatican as the "Heavenly
Empire" because of its official status as a theocracy.
107. When someone is pathetic enough to admit to being a
Christian, friends respond by saying things like, "No you're
not. You just think you are."
108. Images of Lazarus Long, a fictional character in Robert
Heinlein books, are frequently pretended to be seen by
Atheists in paint stains, in the spots of cows, in tree
bark, etc., causing large groups of people to make
pilgrimages to those locations to confirm their lack of
belief in the supernatural. These stories are given national
news coverage to promote the status quo.
109. Christians are unfairly scrutinized for wearing t-shirts
that say things such as "God's Gym" or "Resurrection Day",
whereas atheists can proudly and without any protest wear
their "Reasons Beer is Better than Jesus" or Darwin fish
110. Christians are constantly questioned as to where their
morals come from. People always wonder why they have a
reason to live, if god is the only thing they live for.
Atheists, on the other hand, are praised for their high
moral standards, and it is acknowledged that they don't need
a reason to live--just "being" is enough.
111. Professors are encouraged to tell the class that they
are atheists during the first class period of the semester,
since this conveys to the students that they sincerely care
about their progress in the class, and about the student as
a person. Christian professors would get ostracized for
doing this; students would complain and the professor would
be told to keep his beliefs to himself.
112. Atheists offen try to scare Christians into disbelief by
yelling that after they die they will be sent to the earth's
firey core and tormented by Nietzsche for eternity.
113. Each year, the U.S. Post Office is nearly brought to its
knees as both devout and "cultural" Atheists celebrate
Lucretius' birth by sending each other anti-religious cards
and illuminated copies of De Rerum Natura.
114. Atheists from Salt Lake City collect lists of dead
people, so that they can be baptised posthumously as
115. Atheists take sick people to doctors so that they can be
'cured', instead of sitting them in front of TV healing
shows. Many of these so-called 'doctors' have no ministerial
116. Atheists have a superstitious dread of the number 13,
because Darwin once invited 12 of his friends to supper. In
fact, Atheists have such a strong superstition about certain
numbers that road signs and house numbers and company logos
have to be changed to avoid upsetting them.
117. NBC has shows that promote reason and skepticism in the
face of Biblical prophecy or lone pseudoscientists while
shows that promote irrational beliefs are on PBS and never
reach as many people.
118. Noted atheists own "The Family Channel" and show
programming that they find appropriate for other atheists.
119. The shows "Ignored by an Angel" and "Ultimately Illusory
Highway to Heaven" are getting more and more viewers every
120. Each year, the President lights the National Solstice
121. There is an entire genre of music known as "Contemporary
Atheist Music." The notion of "Christian music" is unheard
122. Most radio markets have at least one Atheist radio
station. There are no Christian radio stations anywhere.
123. Judges justify abortion based on evolutionary theory and
Nietzche, instead of the Bible.
124. Judges often give long speeches on atheistic morality
and use them as a basis for strange or lenient sentences.
125. All prisons have a resident atheist philosopher, and
inmates are encouraged to participate in weekly philophical
dicussions on Bible Contradictions. This is often reported
to parole board, who consider it a good indication of
contritenes on the prisoner's part.
126. Atheists tend to call homosexuals, lesbians, and
bisexuals criminals against nature while Christians accept
them the way God made them. Moreover, while a few "liberal"
atheist organizations do not make heterosexuality a
requirement for membership, most atheist organizations
strictly condemn such behavior and have used their massive
political influence to criminalize same-sex marriages.
127. School children who profess their Christianity are
routinely held up to ridicule and harrassment by the
students and teachers who make up the atheist majority in
both public and private schools.
128. Relatively inoffensive movies, which might otherwise be
rated G or PG, are likely to be rated PG-13 or R if they
contain excessive religious content.
129. According to comedian George Carlin, the "seven holy
words" that cannot be broadcast on television are "God,"
"Jesus," "Christ," "bless," "heaven," "salvation," and
130. Congress has recently passed legislation requiring
television manufacturers to install a so-called "H-chip,"
which enables viewers to automatically censor out any
program containing excessive holiness.
131. Another bill recently signed by President Clinton
includes the notorious "Communications Indecency Act," which
will severely restrict the free speech rights of persons
wishing to use Christian or other religious language or
images on Usenet, Web pages, or even local bulletin boards.
132. A political candidate who declares himself a Christian
will have far less chance of winning an election than one
who flaunts his atheism.
133. Former president Franklin Roosevelt always reminded his
speach writers to put "some of that anti-god stuff"in his
134. Because many forms of Christianity oppose homosexuality,
the Atheist Left has installed rules allowing members of the
armed services to lose their jobs simply because they have
admitted to being heterosexuals. And, of course,
heterosexual marriages are completely prohibited.
135. Every year in November, the President issues a
proclamation for a national day of Thanksgiving, calling on
Americans to spend the day thanking their parents for
creating them and for all that they have done for them. No
mention is ever made of the role of God in creating people,
helping them acheive happiness, or keeping the country
secure. (The proclamation is usually issued a few weeks
before the ceremonial planting of the White House Solstice
136. Similarly, after a major disaster the President usually
calls for an official day of action; never is prayer
137. The President usually ends every speech with the words,
"Let's all help America, since there is no God to do things
138. Whenever an atheist commits a crime, invariably people
will argue that this is not a sign that teaching atheism
might not guarantee a better society, because anyone who
would act that way "isn't a true atheist. "
This list only scratches the surface. It is high time that
God-fearing Christians rose up and spoke out against the
horrendous anti-Christian bias that has taken hold in