By: Cory Johnson
Re: monotheism 1/3
"One God" is a Ritual Abuse Cult
Should we be suprised when religious authorities get caught exploiting others
for sex, money, or status? Those are not aberrations, but symptoms of the very
core of monotheism.
Mono-the-ism is Greek for single-god-doctrine. The main examples are
Judaism, Chrisitianity, and Islam, which are all based on The Old Testament.
Ritual Abuse So Widespread We Hardly Recognise It
* Complusive body covering. Body shame possibly originated when people moved
into cold or desert climates and invented clothes. That resulted in less
mother-child skin contact and less breastfeeding, then clothing for status and
a frenzied obsession with hidden skin. These addictions, obsessions, and
fetishes reduce everyone's self-esteem, especially in their formative years and
often permanently. They are imposed by one generation onto the next. The Adam
and Eve myth describes and perpetuates the trauma of ignorance, clothing, and
* Painful birth. A curse on women, according to The Old Testament, from which
the wrathful, sexist male god (Yaweh/Jehovah/Allah). The pain is actually
caused by hospitals, restrictive clothing, body shame, and other methods in use
to control women's bodies and minds.
* Circumcision. Performed by men who are ashamed of sexuality and take out
their frustration on helpless baby boys. The men fear being displaced by
stronger unmutilated sexual rivals coming up from the younger generation.
* Clitoridectomy. An even more sadistic excision. Performed by women on
girls in some very oppressive men-controlled cultures. Like the male maimers,
the women don't want to be displaced in their social positions by younger,
Both kinds of mutilation are initiation rituals taken to horrible extremes,
like very dangerous fraternity hazing. They consist of an older group
torturing a younger group. They perpetuate revenge which is based on emotional
* Baptism. A Christian washing ritual based on the conviction that people
basically displease god, supposedly because he has made them susceptible to
getting dirty (sinning). Guilty Christians try to wash the filth off, but soon
relapse, being imperfect creations of an incompetent god.
* Prayer. Begging, based on feelings of inferiority and helplessness. Those
praying usually assume a physical pose of passivity, guilty, and/or fear.
* Confession and penance. More grovelling and self-flagellation.
* Group worship. Orders for the faithful - who can't think for themselves.
Mind-numbing mumbo jumbo. Rationalisations for guilty hypocrites. Fleecing
the flock for a god who needs cash.
* Punishment. Human rituals, ranging from beating toddlers to murdering
muderers. These are god's orders in the scriptures. Punishment usually
results in continuing cycles of sin-punishment-repentance-forgiveness-sin.
(Healing love works much better than punishment. That's the conclusion of
families and societies not addicted to punishment.)
* Sacrifice. Monotheists are so scared of their god's punishemnt, they try to
divert his rage onto someone or something else. And, dagnabbit, their god
falls for it! When god gets EXTREMELY angry, only bloody murder will satisfy
him. His blood lust was once so great, says The Old Testament, he killed every
person on earth but Noah's family of 8. Such a fickle god is invented and
worshipped by masochistic people seeking fatherly love. Those people still
feel the childhood hurts inflicted by cruel, erratic, or absent father, if not
by their whole patriarchal society.
* Crucifixion sacrifice worship. The Christian-Islamic god was once so mad at
everyone, he had to be appeased with the blood of his favourite offspring,
Jesus. Christians, are still fixated on the cross used as the murder weapon.
Isn't it sicko to make up such a god.
* Communion. A cannibal ritual of eating Jesus's sacrificed body.
* Wars of conquest and revenge. Bullies trying to prove that they're worthy,
that they're the chosen people of a god who plays favourites. This ritual of
war included hierarchies, clerical blessings, special attire, and the young
being sacrificed by the old.
* Celibacy. When practiced by horny people, amounts to ritual self-torture.
Reluctant abstainers tend to slip into aggressive or self-destructive patterns
(rape, promiscity). This ritual is based on self-hatred, body shame, clothing
addiction, and patrilineal inheritance.
The new force of monotheism, the most egotistical and bloodthirsty of the
main world beliefs, has spent a few millenia expanding its land and wealth. It
tries to exterminate or control all other people - "gentiles"/"pagans"/
Monotheism's sects even feed on each other, as with Jewish-Chistian, Jewish-
Moslem, Christian-Moslem wars, etc..
Some pagans (Latin for "peasants") are atheists. Some believe in natural,
indigenous religions, such as Wicca. Adherants of nature religions generally
worship the natural world. They see power in every part of the universe.
We'e getting hip to conceited hierarchical religions. Empires are crumbling.
The jig us up. We're realising that their rituals just make us feel like
Religions Like Cancers
Monotheism is characterised by:
* Imperialism. Conquering and exploiting other nations as directed by god,
without much guilt. The soldier-missionary team delivers the old one-two
* Amassing wealth. Exploitng people and natural resources for god's glory
and short-term profit. Practiced most fervently by some selfish individualist
who never learned to love properly.
* Hierarchy. From most to least prestigious and powerful, it goes something
3. clergy (rabbis, priests, mullahs, etc.)
4. god's chosen race (the men, then the boys, lastly the women and girls)
5. other believers
7. Cain's cursed descendants, believed by many to be the Black Africans
8. non-human animals
10. lifeless matter
Unlike monotheists, I understand everything is equal and beautiful.
(author: Jack Mormon)