The Petroleum Institute's Top 10 Reasons for the increase in gasoline
10. Hussein threatened to invade Houston if we didn't raise prices.
9. We're doing our part to reduce global warming.
8. Demand is increasing, or decreasing, something like that.
7. We were hoping you wouldn't notice.
6. The consultant we hired to do this list is gouging us.
5. We're going to raise enough money to bail out the S&L's.
4. It's not a price increase, it's a user fee.
3. We want to see if gas pumps can count that fast.
2. There was a big oil spill in Alaska... no, that was last time.
1. There was a sudden surge in demand for fuel to fly Dan Rather
all over the Middle East.