AFTER WACO FEDS DEFINE "CULT"
By Steve Forsmann
Following the violent destruction by Federal agents of
the Branch Davidian Compound near Waco, Texas officials of
the Clinton government set out to define what exactly a
"cult" is so that such undesirable groups may be more easily
identified and dealt with by the government in the future.
The Attorney General's Office under Janet Reno established
the "Cult Awareness Task Force" for this purpose. They came up
with the following definition:
"A cultist is one who has a strong belief in the Bible and
the Second Coming of Christ; who has a high level of financial
giving to a Christian cause; who home schools his children;
who has accumulated survival foods and has a strong belief in
the Second Amendment, and who distrusts big government."
Defending the Federal assault on the compound Clinton spoke
of the "rise in this sort of fanaticism all across the world,"
warning that "we may have to confront it again."
He added: "I hope very much that others who will be tempted
to join cults and become involved with people like David Koresh
will be deterred by the horrible scenes they have seen over the
last seven weeks."
Which horrible scenes?
1. Black clothed shock-troops charging toward the BD's home.
2. Black clothed shock-troops machine-gunning the BD's home.
3. Koresh begging for a cease-fire to no avail.
4. The BD's home under seige:
- Kreig lights at night.
- Voices of crying rabbits as they're tortured to death.
- Banners hanging from windows pleading for news exposure.
- News media kept more than a mile away.
- Poorly organized demonization of the BD's daily.
5. Tanks ramming the BD's home to bring the seige to an end.
6. The final solution - the BD's funeral pyre.